Traffic Safety Alert:
Drivers, slow down when approaching the crosswalks in Canyon Creek.
Prepare to stop for pedestrians crossing the street!
Neighborhood Pedestrian & Driver Safety Reminders:
• Respect the right-of-way of pedestrians throughout the entire neighborhood.
• Slow when approaching crosswalks and school zones and always look for pedestrians.
• Remember, there are children playing and walking throughout Canyon Creek.
• The speed limit along sections of Boulder, is 35 mph. At 35 mph, it takes 136 feet to come to a complete stop. There is a 50% chance of a severe injury if a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle at 31 mph, and there is a 25% chance of a fatal injury if a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle at 32 mph. So, drive carefully.
• It’s not cool to speed through a neighborhood, especially one which has children walking to school, going to bus stops, and biking to the parks. Drive cool, not fast.
• Set an example for the student drivers and others driving through the community. Drive at or below the speed limit and always yield to pedestrians.
• If you’re a parent of a student driver, remind them to drive responsibly.
• The best “power trip” is a fast jog or walk through the neighborhood, it’s not speeding or tailgating other drivers to pressure them to speed up.
• If you see someone driving recklessly or you experience road rage, call 911.
• Let’s work together to keep Canyon Creek safe and pedestrian friendly!
• Remember, we’re all in this neighborhood together. Be neighborly.