Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is an ISD?
A: Independent School District. (From Wikipedia) AnISD is a type of school district in some US states for primary and secondary education that operates as an entity independent and separate from any municipality, county, or state. As such, the administrative leadership of such districts is selected from within the district itself and has no direct responsibility to any other governmental authority. This independence normally also implies that the district has its own taxing authority that is outside the direct control of other governmental entities.
- Q: What school systems are covered in Canyon Creek?
A: Canyon Creek is primarily contained within the Round Rock ISD with a smaller portion in the Leander ISD. Check your address at each of these ISD. Depending on your address, your child will may attend a different school. The schools are:
- Round Rock ISD Schools
- Leander ISD Schools
- Q: I have been considering a home for sale in Canyon Creek. I am looking at a move into the areas zoned for Round Rock and other parts are zoned for Leander ISD. Before I purchasing, is there a chance this zoning could change once I move in?
A: While pubic needs, civic activism and parental involvement may best be able to answer this question, the board does not have any authority or influence for this decision. That said, it is unlikely that there will be boundary changes between the two ISDs as both school districts would have to agree to the change. Within a given ISD, there is a greater chance for intra-school system changes to address population needs. (No changes are known by the author at this time.)
- All schools in Canyon Creek neighborhood are considered to be “top rated” and are known for their high parental involvement.
Page Revision History
- 2020-03-26 (jmw): Page migrate to WordPress platform
- 2018-06-11 (jmw): Page created.